Thursday, September 16, 2010

Unit 3: Computer Software Reading Notes

My main response to these readings is that they went way over my head. The vast majority of it was much too technical for me to understand. I've been a Windows user up until this summer, when I purchased my first Mac. I'm still learning the ins and outs of my Mac, so reading both the Mac OS X articles was helpful (at least the parts that I could understand!). I'm pretty comfortable using it now and have a feeling I won't go back to Windows anytime soon, though I still use it in the workplace and in the schools where I substitute teach.

I do feel like I have a better understanding of the Linux system now. I knew virtually nothing about it before reading the article, other than the fact that it was something I didn't have the skills to use, and still feel that way now, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment